Re: Fuel economy

I bought 2007 Focus 2.0L with automatic transmission. I get around 30 MPG which is a little on the low side. My last car 98 Escort Std Trans got

38-42. The car before that was a 91 Merc Tracer Std Trans 42-47. So maybe I should have stuck with a STD Trans. I know it would help if the Auto Tran had 5 or 6 speeds.

You doing about right.

John

I've just bought my first Jocus, I'm very happy with it apart from the > fuel consumption. It's a 1.6 Zetec Climate, I don't drive it hard but I > only get 28mpg around town. For a modern engine this is rubbish - my son > has a 1.6 Peogeot diesel 206, he gets 45 mpg on the same sort of run. I > obviously expected some difference, but not this much! > > Is 28 mpg around town/45mpg motorway normal for this car? > > Neil.
Reply to
John Perry

Maybe you should go buy a Peogot!

Reply to