fuel mileage

Hi there I was wondering what mileage most people were getting out of there cars. mine is a 03 ZTW wagon and my mileage is only 26mpg, 9lt/100km city and 35 mpghwy 6.5lt/km is anyone getting better. The dealership says that this is good mileage. Dave

Reply to
Seumas

"Seumas" skrev i meddelandet news:3Exlc.34193$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... < Hi there < I was wondering what mileage most people were getting out of there cars. mine is a 03 ZTW wagon and my < mileage is only 26mpg, 9lt/100km city and 35 mpghwy 6.5lt/km is anyone getting better. The dealership says < that this is good mileage. < Dave

If that's good depends on what engine you have, I would guess on a 1.6. For a two litre that would be very good. I have a 2 litre wagon myself and don't get quite that gas mileage on the highway. More like 7.5 l/100km. Then again the ones with automatic transmission seem to need a lot more gas still. /per

Reply to
per

I messed up the conversion its 12l/100km city and 8l/100km hwy so you are getting better

Reply to
Seumas

Well, my TDCi wagon would be a rather different beast altogether (5.2L/100km average so far), but when I hammered a rental 2.0 litre automatic around Ottawa and Montreal last year, I averaged about 7.5l/100km.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen F.

Get your money back

I get 38mpg on a 2L focus estate (UK)

Reply to
Hoot!!!

On 2L Ghia I get 36 - 38MPG, I have managed to get it to 42.1MPG on a well known road I used for two weeks on the trot.

Reply to
Listen

Hola

2003 zx5 zetec provides 37 MPG highway (imperial) and 32 MPG highway during cold Canadian prairie winter

Fud

Reply to
Fuddzy

Presuming that you a fellow Canuck - high 30's/low 40's mpg is as good as you're gonna get. 26 mpg around town is good as well (is this an average or best value? Summer or winter? Automatic or manual? US or Imperial gallons?)

I'm getting a 30.7 total mpg ('03 ZX5) with 75% highway mileage. (I've logged every litre of fuel for the past 6 years). Considering that this includes 2 long winters of driving, I'd say the fuel consumption is still pretty good.

My experience with the 2.0 litre ZTEC engine /W 5 speed manual:

'03 ZX5 Focus = 30.7 mpg (.36CD) '00 ZTS Focus = 29.4 mpg (more urban driving, .31CD) '98 ZX2 Escort = 30.9 mpg (slightly smaller, more aerodynamic .29CD)

Reply to
Roarmeister

Not anymore, it isn't.

I've been getting between 29 and 30 miles per gallon. My car's a US-spec four-door with the 2.0L Zetec engine and automatic transmission. (Same drivetrain as the ZTW, no?) My daily commute is about an even mix of highway and city driving.

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson

we have a 2000 Focus Wagon SE with auto (US model) It currently has over 50k miles on it and we consistantly get 30 to 32 mpg. "Seumas" wrote in message news:3Exlc.34193$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... Hi there I was wondering what mileage most people were getting out of there cars. mine is a 03 ZTW wagon and my mileage is only 26mpg, 9lt/100km city and 35 mpghwy 6.5lt/km is anyone getting better. The dealership says that this is good mileage. Dave

Reply to
mikl

is a 03 ZTW wagon and my mileage is only 26mpg, 9lt/100km city and 35 mpghwy

6.5lt/km is anyone getting better. The dealership says that this is good mileage.

There is an almost two year history of fuel purchases & stats to peruse there.

Reply to
Paul Gibson

I average 16-18 mpg in my focus RS! (uk)

You lot should consider yourselves lucky!

Selling that now and going to get a TDCi

MC. uk.

---------

cars. mine is a 03 ZTW wagon and my mileage is only 26mpg, 9lt/100km city and 35 mpghwy 6.5lt/km is anyone getting better. The dealership says that this is good mileage.

Reply to
Mark C.

I was getting 25-29 MPG until I put new plugs in early march, since then I get 30-36 MPG.

Seumas wrote:

is a 03 ZTW wagon and my mileage is only 26mpg, 9lt/100km city and 35 mpghwy

6.5lt/km is anyone getting better. The dealership says that this is good mileage.
Reply to
Me

Welcome to the Darkside!!!

Regards

Andy Lee

Reply to
Andy Lee

Andy - help me sell my RS then i will join you! lol TDCI sport waiting 4 me!

MC

-------

Reply to
Mark C.

A US gallon is smaller than a UK gallon so mpg will show lower and there is the gearing, wheels, etc.. and 16-18mpg on an RS... Change up to second gear may help :) or stop racing the 1.2 nova's and corsa's

Reply to
Hoot!!!

HOOT - its them 330ci BMW's that are doing it to me! although them little

1.2's are comical when they try it on! lol 220bhp NO CHANCE!

On the motorway i average about 25mpg

MC

Reply to
Mark C.

You're having problems selling an RS... wow! Asking too much maybe?

Regards

Andy Lee

Reply to
Andy Lee
53 plate , 5000 miles £19,400ono going to bring it down £500 and see if theres any luck there. theres some still neat £20k with 40,000 miles on an 03 reg on there!

MC

-

Reply to
Mark C.