Suspension Parts

I owe a 2001 ZX3. I was recently t-boned and the person hit me right at my front driver's side wheel. I drove it home and then tried to drive it the next day and I couldn't. That wheel didn't coordinate w/ the other wheel and the way I was steering. I took my wheel off to take a peek and noticed a bent bar. I'm a struggling college, so I don't have money to get it fixed at a shop. I wanted to know the exact name of the part so I can do it myself. The piece was a thin rod connecting my wheel to a suspension-type hose or pinion or whatever it's called. Some suggestions I've gotten already are CVU joint, control arm, or a tie rod. It's at the rear of that wheel (closest to the door). If anyone has any ideas, I could really use some help.

Reply to
bigtriz

A struggling student certainly doesn't want the additional burden of charges of driving an unsafe vehicle, or getting sued in case of an accident. Suspension and steering are critical safety items and not for amateurs. Best to park it until you get the money to have it fixed properly.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Don't you have insurance to cover those expenses or if the other driver is at fault, won't their insurance cover it?

Mojo

Reply to
Mojo JoJo

Buying good insurance seems a waste of time ....until you need it. I'm talking from expensive experience. Not criticizing Geoff

Reply to
GeoffP

You say your car is a 2001. Chances are pretty good that you do have insurance (especially if you are still paying on the car). Check with your insurance carrier to see if the costs will be covered. Also, call the other driver's insurance and demand that they pay. If they question who is at fault, get a copy of the police report. As long as it shows the other car is at fault, the other insurance should pay for damages. They (or your insurance) may also have an allotment for rental car. Good luck

Reply to
joes1girl

You are all assuming that it was NOT this person fault and HAD insurance.

Do you not all find it strange that the original posting is some what ambiguous. I do not know how someone would be able to offer advise without seeing the damage to the vehicle. When some says "I wanted to know the exact name of the part so I can do it myself. The piece was a thin rod connecting my wheel to a suspension-type hose or pinion or whatever it's called" This person is no doubt mechanically challenged he should have the car towed to a body shop to have the thingy which is attached to the domahickey looked at and the watcha ma-callit straighten out. Any how if the unibody is twisted or the strut tower out of align which happens in these kind of wrecks where the impact point is at the strut tower area, it might be cheaper to scrap the car than fix it.

Reply to
Henri