1987 F150 Steering

Cap not recap:

Beautiful story, Bought a 1987 F150 Supercab longbed, engine vin N, wouldn't start. Landscaper's crew truck with towing option, 302, C6.

Delved, no fuel. Jumpered diagnostic connector, got gas. Always works now. Filled both tanks. Switch to rear tank, gas pours out of the resivoir. Pulled that, found that the o-ring on the can was trashed, got one (91 model?) Hooray, 2 tanks! Weird guages.

2 New tires, needs 3 more and a stock rim.(1 for spare)-on the way. Was wrecked RF, I repaired the headlight bucket with pipe hanger, self tapping screws and gorilla snot.

Wanders all over the road. Pig. New tie rod ends and tie rod. Pig.

Fix elec. window wiring. OK sorta, no passenger yet.

Change oil? That stuff was near tar. Replace sparkplugs, not too bad; but the distributor was loose and flopping around.

$134 quote to service transmission. bullshit Did it. 3/16" sludge in pan; but the filter wasn't breached. Close but no cigar.

Tensioned steering box, snuck up on toe in. Pig Play in steering, but not near as bad as before I retied the box to the frame, forgot to mention that. Nearly fell off.

Pig.

I love it, starts smooth, runs smooth, stock exhaust-don't miss a lick.

Wanna Buy It? :) Ha! "When they pry it from my cold dead hands."

Keep On Truckin'

Looking for a 500cc bike to run for parts, Texas is the land of wide open spaces, if you haven't already guessed

wws in Austin

too, got my eye on a '61

Reply to
wstiefer