1996 f250 5.8l wants to stall in stop and go traffic--bad gas?

It starts fine in the morning and running it on the highway to work but as soon as I get to the first stop light it begins to idle erratically and wants to
stall, until I put my foot on the gas and 1 on the brake. It does this on both tanks not just one. This truck only has 122,000 miles on it and I'm running out of things to check and replace, this started a week ago with no symptoms or warning prior. It only acts up after 25 miles of highway driving, once I'm in stop and go, forget it I'm 2 footing it so it won't stall.
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 3:18:01 PM UTC-4, BHf250 wrote:

It could be vacuum lines. Once your engine warms up it switches a circuit to something that has a leak. Check your vacuum hoses. It's a cheap fix if that's all it is. And, it's pretty common.
Best regards, Rick C. Hodgin
replying to Rick C. Hodgin , BHf250 wrote:

to something that has a leak. Check your vacuum hoses. It's a cheap fix if that's all it is. And, it's pretty common.

Thanks for the response!!, I'll get on it, this problem happened with no symptoms or warning and no check engine light triggered yet. I thought it was the other way around, if there was a vacuum leak it would have starting problems and not want to idle cold, Thank you again and I'll let you know what I find!! Thanks Bryan
Aug 2015 19:18:00 +0000 typed in alt.trucks.ford the following:

    I had a Toyota which did something like that. Only in my case, it would stall out if I stopped for a short while, such as to pick someone up or get gas, or got stuck in stop & go traffic. My problem was the carb emptying out, if I primed it manually (pop hood, etc), then I was good to go.     Turns out that problem was a flaky fuel pump. Sigh. -- pyotr filipivich The fears of one class of men are not the measure of the rights of another. -- George Bancroft
On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 12:18:01 PM UTC-7, BHf250 wrote:

ants

2,000 miles, this started a week ago with no symptoms or warning prior.

top-and-go-traffic-bad-ga-33827-.htm

could be contaminated fuel, anything heavier than fuel will settle to the l owest part of the tank which is exactly where the fuel pump siphon is locat ed, highway driving the fuel is getting sloshed around but once you come to a stop it settles and that's when the engine starts misfiring, it's winter time and chances are you got some contaminated fuel..
denatured alcohol or gas dryer..