1998 F150 limited slip???

I have a 1998 F150 with an 862B axle (3.55) . Is there a way to tell if it's limited slip differential?

Glen

Reply to
jubilee

Jack up the rear end. Spin one of the tires by hand. If the other tire spins in the same direction, it's probably a limited slip. If the other spins in the opposite direction, it's an open differential.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Do I have a limited slip or locking differential? Jack up both tires. Put the transmission in neutral. Turn one tire. If the other tire spins the opposite direction you have an open diff, and if it spins the same direction you have a limited slip or locking diff.

Some good > I have a 1998 F150 with an 862B axle (3.55) . Is there a way to tell if it's

Reply to
Grover C. McCoury III

My understanding is that if the axle code on the door sticker is 2 numbers, it is an open diff. If a letter and a number, it is a limited slip.

Reply to
Marlin Singer