2000 Ford Ranger Jack/Tire Tool question - PLEASE HELP

When I traded my previous vehicle at a mega-dealership for a nice looking

2000 Ford Ranger XLT, I unfortunately forgot to ask about the jack and tire iron, as the truck is in great condition (including the tires), and the price seemed reasonable.

However, when I got around to looking behind the driver and passenger seats, all I see is a carpeted shelf area which has some kind of vertical retainer molded into the leading edge of the carpet, an inch or so - high, behind the driver seat. No tire tool or jack, and no container of any kind.

Pulling back the carpet exposes the metal shelf, but I don't see any access latches or hinges, so I'm assuming someone has removed the jack, tiretool and their container.

Based on the above information, can anyone tell me what the missing kit looks like? Is it a plastic or metal container in plain view? I need to know what I am looking for when I go to the wrecking yard.

If I go with aftermarket replacements, how can I lower the spare without the part that fits into the keyhole looking device under the bumper? I have downloaded the owner's manual PDF but it proved next to useless. Thanks~!

Reply to
Company Man

They are behind the jump seats in my 94 XLT

Reply to
Roy Brown

Go to a junk yard and get them. Probably any Ranger made after 98 has the same jack and such.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

look under the seats and lift the hood, look on top of the radiator.

call a dealership

:/

Reply to
Halcitron

They're behind a panel in the center of the rear of the cab (between the jump seats) on my '99 Ranger.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Schatz