2000 Ranger 6-cylinder Auto Trans AC Compressor Does Not Kick In

In article , ndccpf1 wrote

The high pressure switch is a normally closed switch which opens if there is excessively high pressure in the high side of the AC system. This function used to be handled by a pressure relief valve until environmental laws outlawed venting refrigerants.

You either have excessive pressure on the high side of the AC system or a failed high pressure switch.

You'd best make certain (check the high side pressure) which it is before you add more refrigerant as some as suggested.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks all for the support and direction. Off to the local A/C shop it goes.

Reply to
ndccpf1

OK, I won't talk about Thunderbird then (even if I did write a ook on Firefox and Thunderbird...)

See if you can change/set your 'quoting' character. That may be the problem. I'm not that familiar with Outlook Express so I'm not sure about where/how to change it. Basically you should have little '>' (greater than) characters in front of each quoted section in the text of your replies.

Reply to
PeterD

Interesting, you have the same problem as Jeff (bad quoting is making the reply very difficult to follow) and you are also using OE!

Reply to
PeterD

Only on certain threads. A reply to this one seems to be just fine, whereas the reply to ndccpf1 wasn't. Not that big of a deal in my book since I haven't had a problem following the OP and all replies.

Reply to
SC Tom

I'm using XP, SP3 and Outlook Express. The problem only appears when I Reply to Google Groups postings. (ndccpf1 is coming from Google Groups.)

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks all for the support and direction. Off to the local A/C shop it goes.

Post back what the outcome is. We think your system has bled down, which on a 2000 vehicle is not unreasonable. If we are right, the shop should get you recharged for about $50, or whatever the local going-rate is. If we are wrong, the cost will be closer to $150 for complete service.

If they get you going for $50, you could have done the same thing at home with a can or two of R134a.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yep, that one looks great.

Maybe the probem is me, I confuse easily perhaps?

Reply to
PeterD