2001 F250 power steering leak

Looks like the power steering on my F250 is leaking. Just another problem with what I feel is a problem prone vehicle!!

Reply to
fredbarga246

how many miles?

********************
Reply to
Brian Orion

Come on now all most every vehicle will end up one some kind of leak some sooner and some later. Fix it and get on with your life.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Ron

Take a close look and determine exactly where that leak is coming from. If it is the swivel connection where the high pressure hose attaches to the pump, change it now. If it comes off while driving, you will find that not even a 500 pound gorilla will be able to turn the wheel. I have reported this dangerous condition to the NTSB and, as far as I know, they have yet to put out a bulletin.

Reply to
GW Bush

Glad my '71 Olds doesn't fit into that category. Not a drip to be found anywhere on that old beasty and it runs like a clock..

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

On 16 Dec 2004 20:01:30 EST, Ron wrote:

It is being fixed, and I will get on with my life, but first, here is the history of this truck...... I guess maybe I am overly critical of my 2001 F250 super? duty 4X4 with Meyer's snow plow. I purchased it new in July 2001, so it is approx. 42 months old. During that time I have had nothing but trouble with the automatic hubs, repaired at least 3 times, rebuilt one time and replaced one time!! The oil cooler broke, the lights went out, the passenger mirror broke, was repaired and then later, fell off, radiator hose clamps have broken 3 times. The brakes needed replaced all around ($650.00), and the transmission cooler lines had to be replaced ($350.00). Also, there are rust bubbles coming through the paint in various places. I was told this was brake dust on the paint!! Please understand, this truck has 24K miles, and is used to plow my drive and a few of my friends, not used commercially. When I questioned the service dept. folks, I was told because it has a plow attached, it will rust more!! I really don't see the connection. Now both the high pressure and return lines are leaking, at a cost of approx. $350 to replace and purge the system. My 1997 F150 was driven 50 miles+ per day in all weather and conditions and never rusted out. When I turned it in, it had 67K on it. I do live outside of Cleveland Ohio, so I am in the "rust belt" but never have had as much trouble with anything as I have with this. Although all the repairs but the brakes, the transmission lines, and now the power steering, were under warranty, now that the truck is over the 36 months, I am thinking of replacing it due to the repair costs I see coming down the road. Am I just being paranoid???

Fred

Reply to
fredbarga246