2002 Ford Ranger horsepower chips?

Has anyone tried these "horsepower" chips? They can be found on E-bay and state that they can improve your hp by 15-20. Just curious to see if anyone has tried installing them onto a Ranger and if they actually worked and what problems they had with it. Thanks for all the help!

Tony

Reply to
Shakieh31

Do people *still* fall for this crap? The "chip" is a $.02 resistor from Radio Shack that fools the computer into thinking that the air temperature is -40*. The computer will enrich the mixture, which will then be instantly corrected by the O2 sensor as soon as the ECU goes into closed loop. Net result - zero. Best case? Waste of gas and a check engine light.

Don't get the electric supercharger, either.

Reply to
gw

Um, I don't think that's what he's talking about. I might be wrong, but...

CJB

Reply to
CJB