74' bronco tailgate rattle

Anyone know if the hinge pivots (trunions) on the bottom of the tailgate should have some sort of rubber cover or sleeve to go over them which would seperate the steel pivot from the tailgate eliminating a rattle?? I had a

96 F150 and seem to remember that the tailgate was isolated from the pivots by some sort of plastic/rubber sleeve.

My tailgate locks securely, however when hitting potholes or traintracks the tailgate bounces up and down vertically ever so slightly but makes a racket like you would think the whole thing was going to fall off.

Thanks,

Reply to
Mark Blomeke