87 Ranger Flywheels

G'Day All...New to the group here.

We have an 87 Ranger (2.9 w/auto OD) Super Cab with about 78000 miles. In the last 2 years we've replaced the tranny twice and, ready for this....the flywheel will be replaced tomorrow for the 6th time in the same 2 years!!! It keeps breaking in the same place - just beyond the bolts going into the crank. This flywheel(brand spankin' new from NAPA) has lasted about 70 miles.

At 118 bucks a pop, it's getting a little tiring. Has anyone ever heard of this? any suggestions?? All constructive feedback is much appreciated. Have a great one!!

Reply to
Truck Guy