99Ranger bad mastercylinder?

My 99 Ranger, 4.0L.,( Rear ABS only ) has always had deficient stopping power. I guessed it was an Engineering thing, as I would have to stand-on the brakes to stop quickly and even then the stop was slow. It is similar to the experience of Wet Brakes. Now it has become even worse, so the truck is off-the-road until I fix this problem. I have replaced Adjusters, Drums, Rotors, Bendix Pads and Shoes, and flushed the fluid annually, calipers seem ok.

My guess is the MasterCylinder is nfg. Can anyone suggest otherwise or point out another component that could be bad? Any advise on changing the MasterCylinder?

Thanks. Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr