Bed Replacement: Will '86 Ranger bed fit '90 model? Major mods required?

Hello,

I have a '90 Ranger with standard 6' bed that needs replacing. An '86 is available in junk yard. Looks the same but the P/Ns are different between the two years ('90 thru '92 are same PN) Anyone know if the '86 bed can be installed with minimum of mods to bed or truck?

Also, is the bed just bolted on? Do I need to cut any welds or do anything else that requires special tools to remove it? I'm going to get a Haynes manual but thought I'd ask the group first, thanks.

Reply to
mbeverly

Good luck, they probably changed the rail width on you, and you dont want that headache. It should not be that hard to find a 90 ranger bed. It may not be that local to you, but it will save a headache in the end. Cuase it may not match up with the cab.

Smart man, never do anything without a tech manual. The bed IS just bolted on with 4 bolts I believe. No special tools, but you will be on your back to remove them. Again, try to find a 1990 ranger bed, and dont try the 86 bed.

Reply to
pkurtz2