clean ISV on '93 4.9?

I think I've finally got my '93 in mostly decent shape, except the ISV seems sluggish to respond, the engine will die or almost die on the first start of the day. Ive tried cleaning it by spraying it while it is in place, that hasn't helped much. Is removing it to clean worth it? or should I just jump straight to buying a new one?

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Unplug the electrical connector when the problem is occuring. If the idle is better with it disconnected, check the contacts on the electrical connector for being corroded/loose/wet. If the problem is not in the connection, clean the unit with a carb cleaner. Replacing the piece is always an option.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt