No Start 93 Impreza

Please forgive me for my cross post, but Im desperate and NASOIC hasn?t been able to help much so here goes:

Alright anyone I?ll try anything at this point. My 93 Impreza wont budge.

These things may not be all related, but heres the history.

Two weeks ago I replaced the alternator. Great, works fine, runs good, wonderful. Last week I got a little car happy and covered all my important parts and cleaned the engine. It doesn?t ever like it when I clean it, but it manages fine and recovers in about three to ten minutes. I know Im a sicko- but I work on it enough that I have to at least attempt to keep it semi-clean under the hood. Later that week I used a fuel injector cleaner and I ordered wires, and was planning on changing the plugs when the wires came in, as it was riding a bit rough- seemingly unrelated to the cleaning-as it rode fine for a few days inbetween.

Saturday my car was driving really rough and I stopped three times because the wires were being "thrown" off the plugs. It was sparking and so I just kept putting em back on and hoping to get home. Fine- got home and later that night I drove the car to the store no problems. I came out of the store and the car wont start-period. I replaced the plugs on the spot (as I almost always keep an extra set) still nothing.

It acts like it wants to start but just wont catch. Battery still had a green eye and was trying to work. I tried a jump, no change in effect. Okay. I removed the imput line from the fuel filter and theres definately fuel getting to it. Had another guy leave the plug in the wire and out of the cylinder to see if it was firing when I attempted to start. No fire- no sparks, no nothing in any cylinder. So, just like me I started throwing parts at it. New ignition coil pack- no change. New wire set- no change. I had it towed today.

Where do I go from here? Anyone? Theres not a dealership in town and I?d hate to tow it 75 miles considering that I can generally manage to do it myself if I have a clue, but I just dont now. Im lost.

Yesterday I had it towed to work and one of the guys unplugged the crank sensor and re-plugged it and it started right up. Great I returned the 05 mustang and went home in my suby.

This morning. Same thing, it wanted to start but wouldnt. ...except no luck with the sensors- I plugged and unplugged everything I could find twice. I gave up and finally got a ride to work... What now oh suby gods? I am just a desperate little girl with no clue. Thanks.

Reply to
jaqi006

Gilles Gour

Another not expensive alternative is the ignitor, that small black thing mounted on the center of the firewall.

Reply to
johninKY