F150 AC condensate drain problems

2003 F150 XLT 6000 miles. I am having problems with water soaked carpet on the passenger side of my truck. After some investigation I found the rubber doughnut around the AC drain to be soaking wet. After scratching the hell out of my arms I was able to check the tube from the outside firewall. It was not clogged at all. It seems to me that the problem is one of design. The tube extends only an inch thru the firewall to the outside. There it does not make a 90° it just sticks straight out. The hole it comes thru is much larger than the tube. It appears as if my problem is that the water is simply running back to the firewall and saturating the foam doughnut which then drains inside onto the carpet. OR.... there is a missing 90° on the outside of the tube. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?
Reply to
wß