F150 radiator cap - where is it?

This is going to sound like a silly question - but where is the radiator cap on a 1999 F150 5.4 engine? I've noticed a slow radiator fluid leak on the ground, and I want to put some stop leak in the rad. The fluid instructions say not to put in the overflow tank. The overflow tank has a cap, but I can't find a cap for the radiator itself.

Reply to
Dom

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:14:55 +0000, Dom rearranged some electrons to form:

That's the only cap.

Reply to
David M

I would never add stop leak to my radiator. Find the problem and fix it correctly. Stop leak will stop up everything.

Reply to
Jim Gemmill

If you drive an old car and you want to buy time, Bar's Leak can help. It can stop a tiny radiator leak for a year at a time. Nothing works much for heater cores. Eventually, you have to fix the leak. ( I have never had anything stop up from using it regularly though.) With a nice vehicle that new I would certainly diagnose the problem and fix it right. Maybe you just have a hose end leak in which case the stop leak product is not going to help anyway. Disgnose first and fix.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Just fix the leak and don't ruin the vehicle with stop leak.

Steve Barker

You put another can of stop leak in every year? Eventually you'll have all stop leak, right?

CJB

Reply to
CJB