ford ranger abs

In bumper to bumper traffic my brakes feel like theres air in them and it pulls to the right. This is an abs problem (I need to know what and how to fix it). When I disconnect the abs connecter the brakes work fine, but it is somehow connected to the speedometer, so I got to choose the lesser of 2 evils 1.drive with bad brakes. or 2. not know how fast I'm going.

Reply to
rolland

2001 Ranger XLT

The last 20 feet at a stop light, one wheel would do the ABS hop. Even the repair store computer could not tell which wheel.

50-50 chance at 250 bucks per wheel.

Pulled the fuse for ABS . Did not affect the speedo. Black tape fixed the dash ABS light. Drove for forty years without ABS, think I can live without it.

ABS is just, do you slide on ice and crash in a straight line or sideways?

Reply to
rkmr15203