Disabling ABS in 2002 Cavalier

Has anyone ever tried this? I have studied some diagrams and info at alldataiy.com and it seems the best approach would be to disconnect the wheel speed sensors. My only concern would be how the "wheel speed reference
signals" work in relation to actual speed...eg. if ecbm detects no signal from wheel sensors, does that mean 0 speed and then how would it react to reference speed, which i assume is the ABS threshold trigger speed. Maybe that would also be zero since it's probably based off actual speed anyway..but what would happen to the brakes?
I suppose it can't hurt to try this myself and see what happens. If someone has ever tried this or found another way to disable ABS, please let me know. thanks
The EBCM will detect an open at the wheel speed sensor, disable itself and illuminate the ABS warning indicator.

Thanks for the info Steve. How would that affect normal brake function then? Would a disabled EBCM cause the BPVM to become totally disfunctional? I'm not sure how much is straight mechanical and how much is controlled electronically in that assembly.

Even with a disabled EBCM and a disconnected wheel speed sensor, the car will brake normally. You just won't have any ABS or Traction Control (if equipped).
Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. How would that affect normal brake function then? Would a disabled EBCM cause the BPMV to become totally disfunctional? I'm not sure how much is straight mechanical and how much is controlled electronically in that assembly.

sorry for double post...

reference
someone
know.
Just unplug the ABS relay under the hood, problem solved.