I did a google groups search....

And couldn't find where this problem had been addresses before...

2000 E-150 van... the gas pedal is hard to push...it sticks when taking off so you have to kind of tap it a little...to get going, it's fine once you are moving...

I shot some lube at all the pedal pivots...UP the cable as best I could, and DOWN at all the parts I could reach with the cowling off....

If I have to remove the cable to shoot lube DOWN the cable, well, it will take me at least all day, very hard to get to for a home owner type guy...

any tips or tricks anyone can post a link to?

thanks.........john

Reply to
asadi

Not sure what the cable looks like, but if it's like those used for brake or clutch on a motorcycle there is a special gasketed clamp with a lube hole in it. The clamp seals the cable and you can inject a liquid lube, spray oil down the length of the cable.

Reply to
I. Care

Try disconnecting the cable at the throttle end and work the pedal. If it travels easily then your problem is not in the cable or the pedal but in the throttle mechanism. On the other hand, if it is still hard to move, then it is either the cable or the pedal itself... Often dirt builds up on the pedal pivot and a good clean and lube will solve that problem If it is the cable, it could be lube but more likely broken strands catching in the outer cable causing binding and hard operation.... Hope this helps...

DaveD

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

If the outside of the cable is plastic and you're brave..... Burn a small hole in the highest part of the cable with a soldering iron. Be careful not to touch the inner moving plastic strand. It's like weed wacker line. Squirt silicon oil in the hole and the cable will be like new. You can just cover the hole with tape.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

The cables are usually good for life unless you live in an area where highly corrosive stuff is used on the roads in winter. The liner are usually teflon which need no lube. Many times, you will find the throttle body gummed up and in serious need of cleaning. The problem may be the throttle blades sticking to the bore of the throttle body which can be corrected bu a good cleaning of the throttle body.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Exactly. The OPs throttle works normally after that 'tap' - breaking the blade from the bore.

Reply to
samstone

I'll get on it this weekend and let you know...thanks guys....

john

Reply to
asadi