Location Of Beeper In 2005 F-150?

"Beeper" isn't the right word, but it's the best I can come up with. I mean the noise-emitting device that sounds when a door is open, seat belt not fastened, key in ignition, and so-forth.

I don't want to mess with the electronics, just find the noise-emitter and civilize it a little bit.... maybe spray some insulating foam over it or inject a little gunk into it....

It's somewhere behind the dashboard, but where? .... and what needs to be pulled off to get to it?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per Oren:

Spent a couple days intermittently on it quite awhile ago. Can't recall the specifics, but came away with the impression that somebody messed up writing the manual. It just didn't work no matter how many times I followed the instructions.

But now that you have pointed me to that thread, I see that at least one person was successful... so I've got to revisit the procedure.

Thanks.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

CRESS ! where's the cycle urgonna loose the legs...

disable ?// I have 3 in stock with 2 sirens for open doors , emergency brake, uh...

NO PROB. In facto disabling the seatbelt warning is possible....5-4 ..

or buy a chevy where these systems ship disabled.

Reply to
avagadro7

You may want to look up the procedure in your Owner's Manual. It may be different for different vehicles. I've done a number of those things on my truck and sometimes it takes a few tries. You have to follow the directions to the letter or it won't work.

The speaker is integrated into the Instrument Cluster. I don't believe it's accessible.

Reply to
David Chamberlain

Per David Chamberlain:

The owner's manual was what I was working from.

Reading the thread cited earlier, I come away thinking the manual was wrong but that there is a procedure that works and at least a couple of people have been successful working it.

I will report back when I get around to trying again.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

beeper/piezo goes off when connected to ground...there's a ground FOR THE BEEPER/PIEZO ( this is theory) grnd is black. Piezo is prob mounted on a board but the board connections should be obvious. Splice a switch in.

The individual alarm connections to the piezo/beeper should run thru the ?

This realizes as a lotta work.

Tho you you could take the top of the instrument panel to see what n clean the area. Have you wiped off the before dash drain area if there is one under the plastic wiper cover ?

If you wanna spend $$$ look for the owners manual site n buy 8 hrs.

avagadro7

avagadro7