Nasty vibration in '01 f350

Hi all. I've got the above mentioned vehicle with the 7.3L psd, 6 spd, reg cab, 4X4. There's about 50,000kms on the odometer and it normally runs flawlessly. I've done almost nothing except oil changes to the vehicle.

Lately though it's developed a shimmy or vibration at 1500-2200 rpm. I get it in all gears and only when the clutch is engaged. I haven't tried it in

4wheel dr. yet as I don't use that in the summer. Does this sound like a u-joint in the driveshaft or possibly something else I haven't considered?

tia

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Very possibly a defective pilot brg.(if it is starting to rock 'n roll ), or a defective release brg. (throw-out brg.). Yea, use the warranty if you can, but they might try to wiggle out of brake or clutch work.

LS

Reply to
Larry Starr