Tonneau Cover Opinions

I've seen a few posts here and there about camper tops, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want a hard top tonneau cover for my 94' Ranger with a short bed. Wanting some opinions on what brand people have had the best luck with and what to look for.

I know that I want something that will lock. Don't want people to be able to just twist the handle and take what they want.

Stylish and sporty would be good, but I don't want any spoilers on it or anything like that.

I occasionally haul things in the back of it; never a large load or anything that would warrant removing the cover. With that said, it doesn't have to be easy to remove.

Down the road I want to upgrade my stereo system a bit and move the subwoofers in the back via a blow through hole in the rear wall and bed. So a waterproof hard top is a definite, however I don't think I've seen any that weren't from what I've already looked at. This way I'll have all my room up front without a speaker box behind the seat and I can still partake in fixing up my truck and stereo too. Gives me something to do on week nights when I'm off work at least.

That sums up what I'm looking for. I've found a few at the local truck accessory stores around Atlanta, I'm just not sure about the brands or what else to look for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Robbie

Reply to
Robbie Caldwell

Erik D.

I just want an INEXPENSIVE fabric cover for my 87 F150.

Where can I find one cheap ??

ERIC

Reply to
Katmandu

Summitt Racing sells them for a pretty good price. My friend just bought an extang top from them for a reasonable price, plus they have pretty quick shipping! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I've seen a few like that which are flush with the top of the bed. Only problem is I'm afraid it would take up too much space in the bed below I would think.

How much did your Snugtop run you? Most of the brands I've looked at range from $600-1000 depending on the features.

Thanks, Robbie

Reply to
Robbie Caldwell

The Snugtop was on the truck when I bought it, but the previous owner told me it was around $700, so your figures are pretty close! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.