need procedure for AC charge on 93 Ranger

Anyone remember the basic procedure to add R12 to this 93 Ranger 4.0 I have the skill but wonder if there are any things to know on this one. AC has been getting weaker during the last 3 years so it is time. Thanks !

Reply to
astraea41

Yeah... Pay someone with the proper tools, knowledge and licensing. Or at least let me know when and where you will be doing this so that I may receive my part of the bounty on unlicensed use of R-12.

Reply to
BOB

I have the tools and have been doing refrigeration for 12 years. I just need the procedure for the ranger. The use of R12 is licensed for sale of R12 not the use of it. I buy it at Graingers .

Reply to
astraea41

The Ranger is no different from any other Ford.

Evacuate, check for leaks, recharge to proper fill level. (lbs)

What's the problem?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

He's right. After you pull down the system with vacuum make sure you have a good valve to lock vacuum in the system and let it sit for an hour or so to see if you have any leaks. If it's okay just recharge as usual. R-12 is usually around 30-32 lbs on the low side. Overcharging can put a strain on the compressor and cause belt slippage. R-12 is still the best coolant regardless of what people say. And you're right, charging your own system is okay in most places. Besides, these idiots who complain about the ozone layer don't understand that the "hole" over the south pole is an approximate

50-year cycle thing. Remember, according to the tree-huggers we were entering another ice age about 50 years ago but wait....that didn't serve anyone's purpose well enough so now we're heating things up! Geeze, sure wish some poeple would get a life and do something constructive. Good luck.
Reply to
Ernie Sparks

I guess there are still people who can answer an honest question with an answer that has to do with the question. I like knowing the pressure on the low side and I did find the quantity of the dreaded evil republican R12 under the 11 years of road grunge.

Next week I will pose the question about how much pollution is made making nickel metal hydride batteries for cars that don't pollute the air....................................................

Reply to
astraea41

No disrespect man, but if you'd been doing AC work for 12 years like you said, it was odd to me that you'd ask such a general question, and not a specific one. You should know how to do it, and you should know where to obtain the charge capacity information.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

And no respect to you man because you have helped me before. That said , I live 45 mile from town, built my own off grid house myself, sailed for 9 years 25 thousand miles where there I am the one who is responsible for everything from repairing a fuel injector line in 14 foot seas to every other system on the boat. I was involved with putting the USSR out of business in Military space. No I do not work at Jiffy Lube and do this all the time....

I was hoping for the charging RPM and the low side pressure common to the pump I have. So I went downstairs and put in 1lb. and it works much better, No I did not evacuate it and check for leaks as leaks were not my problem. Besides I could not find another tank to pump to. If I have problems I will not blame anyone but myself !

Reply to
astraea41

Point taken.

Have a good day!