replace 1986 F150 seal beam headlights?

Hello

Anyone changed from the OEM seal beam headlights to a better removable lamp headlight?

Anyone tried these?

I'm looking to improve the night driving on this ole truck, and was curious what others think of the improved lighting...

OldIron

Reply to
OldIron

If they are sealed beams, it's hard to beat a quality (Hella or Cibie) drop-in replacement that uses an H4 bulb. Make sure you get the "E- codes" not the US-legal beam pattern. I'd also recommend using a relay harness.

more info here:

The reflectors/bulbs are as easy as replacing a sealed beam. Adding a relay harness is a little more involved but not significantly. don't run "overwattage" bulbs without a relay harness, or in anything other than E-codes - you can melt your wiring, blind oncoming traffic, or both.

good luck

nate

Reply to
N8N