SRS Flash codes for 2002 Ranger

Howdy,

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger which is flashing error codes with the SRS light. I think it is either 64 or 46. What do these mean? Are they easily fixable?

Thanks for any info!

Reply to
Jay Alperson

Air Bag Fault Code Table AIR BAG DIAGNOSTIC MONITOR FAULT CODE PRIORITY TABLE Priority Code Component/Fault Description Highest -- No Air Bag Lamp - Inoperative Lamp Circuit or No Ignition Voltage to Diagnostic Monitor | -- Continuous Air Bag Lamp - Diagnostic Monitor Disconnected or Inoperative | 12 Low Battery Voltage | 13 Air Bag Circuit or Crash Sensor Circuit - Shorted to Ground | 21 Safing Sensor - Not Mounted on Vehicle Properly | 22 Safing Sensor Output Circuit - Shorted to Battery Voltage | 23 Safing Sensor Input Feed/Return Circuit Open | 24 Open in Circuit 944B or Low Resistance in Crash Sensor(s) | 32 Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open | 33 Pin 7 Not Grounded at Diagnostic Monitor | 34 Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - Low Resistance or Shorted | 35 Low Resistance Across Pins 8 and 9 at Diagnostic Monitor | 41 Crash Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open | 44 RH Crash Sensor - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly | 45 Center Radiator Crash Sensor - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly | 46 LH Crash Sensor - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly | 51 Diagnostic Monitor Internal Thermal Fuse - Blown and Short to Ground No Longer Exists | 52 Backup Power Supply - Voltage Boost Fault | 53 Internal Diagnostic Monitor Fault Lowest -- Rapid Continuous Flashing of Air Bag Lamp - All Crash Sensors Disconnected

Air bags can be dangerous (and expensive to replace). You should refer this problem to an experienced professional.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

"Jay Alperson" wrote in news:AbWek.16613$ snipped-for-privacy@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com:

I have the extended cab version (2002). It had an SRS fault , caused by a loose electrical connector under the drivers seat. Moving the seat wiggles it loose after a while. The dealer fixed mine and mentioned a service bulletin about it. They just pushed the connector together, and wrapped it with electrical tape.

Reply to
TheHack

Thanks for the tip! I tried your idea, and it seems to be gone....

Reply to
Jay Alperson