Replaced Seat Belt 2000 E350, Air Bag light

Replaced seat belt on the drivers side on a 2000 E350 7.3 power stroke. I took out the old belt and unplugged the wires. New belt works fine but now I get a yellow light on the dash. I guess it is the air bag light. The old belt had a tensioning device. I guess unplugging the wires is making the warning light come on. Is there a way to make the system stop turning on the warning light. If I put a jumper where it was plugged in from one wire to the other will it turn off the light or will it short something out? Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe Rynerson