Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry
agree that the Accord is still the gold standard, hard to beat in the midsize group. The new GM Hydramatic 6T/6L series is a very good transmission, but Malibu's ergonomics need a few iterations, like...
90
90

GM Probably Needs $4.6 Billion U.S. Loans Before June (Update1)
Taxpayer rape continues GM Probably Needs $4.6 Billion U.S. Loans Before June (Update1) April 17 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp., operating with $13.4 billion in U.S. loans, will probably still...

GM’s Buick Said to Be Poised to Add Models as Other Brands Fall
GM?s Buick Said to Be Poised to Add Models as Other Brands Fall April 17 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp.?s Buick, the 106-year-old luxury brand fighting dwindling U.S. sales, may add models as the...

97 Park Avenue door handle
Girlfriend's '97 Park Avenue needs a new outer door handle on the driver's door. I was just going to change it, when she said she was told at a local shop that they were a real hassle to change. I...
2
2

GM Said to Study Dropping Pontiac, GMC as Savings Push Deepens
GM Said to Study Dropping Pontiac, GMC as Savings Push Deepens April 15 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp., facing a June 1 U.S.-backed bankruptcy, may drop its Pontiac and GMC brands as part of...
7
7

GM to recall 1.5 million autos
Agence France-Presse First Posted 16:53:00 04/14/2009 WASHINGTON -- Troubled US automaker General Motors has informed watchdogs it will have to recall close to 1.5 million cars amid concerns they...
17
17

1988 Buick LeSabre Minor Disasters
Okay...a younger brother of mine is driving this car and it develops a miss one day out of the blue. Cylinders 1 and 4 are definitely not firing, and they both share the same tower on the coil pack....
2
2

Toyota is better than GM
I hate to buy Janpaness car. But it seems that I have to go back to them. I leased a GM car, and it leaked oil within 1000KM tuning run. After 2 years, I needed to travel out for a couple of months,...
12
12

The great electric car race
The great electric car race 14, 2009: 10:10 AM ET (Fortune Magazine) -- Did a battery bring down General Motors? Not by itself, but it helped. For several years GM has been touting the battery-powered...
1
1

Buffett Banks on Obscure Chinese Electric Car
http://www.kptm.com/Global/story.asp?S=10175050
3
3

Glamour Dims as Hecklers Hit the Auto Show
Glamour Dims as Hecklers Hit the Auto Show a year ago, working as a product presenter at an auto show was a pretty straightforward job. You stood next to a vehicle, you called it a marvel of...

GM recalling 1.5 million cars over fire fears
GM recalling 1.5 million cars over fire fears
3
3

U.S. may swap GM debt for equity (more GM theft)
Theft from the taxpayer accelerates U.S. may swap GM debt for equity (more GM theft)

'01 Monte Carlo; vent valve location
Hi. I've got a 2001 Monte Carlo LS with the Check Engine lit, spitting out a code of P0440 (I've got my own OBDII scanner). It has been lit since I bought the car and everytime I clear the code, it...
7
7

Unusual 3.8L Intake Manifold Leak?
1996 Buick Regal, 83K miles, 3.8L NA engine. Thought I may have had the characteristic problem with the EGR tube warping the Upper Intake Manifold. But the leak instead APPEARS (see pix links) to be...
9
9