1986 G20/G25 Chevy Van Tranny question

Trying to help my little brother out. They bought a van , odo reads

52k, assuming it's 152k. They bought it and drove it 300 miles, no problems. Well, now the tranny slips in reverse and doesn't make it to 3rd. I don't do automatics (too many moving parts!). One, what model is it and secondly, is it a band issue? A don't think a fluid flush and filter is going to save her captain!

MTIA, Steve

Reply to
SARINAZ

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Shep