1989 GMC Suburban tailgate window question..

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the window to move in the up position on the tailgate of a 1989 GMC Suburban? I am trying to change the motor and can not get the window up in order to get the motor in. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
daisy70

There is an interlock switch on the passenger side latch that keeps the window from moving when the tailgate is open. I've never done it but you should be able to trip the interlock switch and move the window.

Rich B