1992 buick regal transmission solenoid problem

1992 buick regal transmission solenoid problem the car acts like it is in neutral when you stop after the transmission is warm,it wont idle, will unpluging the solenoid help,where is the plug-in located on the trans. anyone else had this problem.
Reply to
jghall60

two seperate issues. I had a '92 Century (3.3, automatic overdrive) and it developed a problem where I'd come up to a stop sign, and after stopping I 'd give it gas to take off and it would act like it was in neutral. To get it to go I'd simply bump it up into neutral, then back down into d rive, and it would kick in like normal and would be fine until next time it did it. It wouldn't neutral out at every stop, just did it sporadically. And so I got into the habit of simply bumping it up into neutral whenever coming to a stop, and shifting back into drive -- I kind of treated it lik e a manual transmission in that regard. The car was just an old bomber I u sed for a runaround car. Anyway, when this problam started I figured I'd just drive it til it drop ped, since the transmission was apparently going out. But actually it must have just been a valve sticking in the trans, because I drove it around li ke that for another three years, and then I just gave the thing to someone else who was down and out, and that was a year ago, and it's still driving around. By your description I'm not sure if we're talking about the same problem, as the "won't idle" sounds like a stuck TC solenoid, but that won't make i t do the neutraling out that you describe. Just my two cents.

Reply to
ednaboopadoop

replying to jghall60, Tyler wrote: I have the same problem with a 1998 Buick Regal s SUPERCHARGED i betrayal dropped it once and it acted like that after I replaced all my solinoids but it still has the same issue idk what it is it dosnt give me codes it just slips and acts like it's in neutral when I rev high in first gear but once it shifts it acts totally normal I'm going to replace my tcm and see if that helps

Reply to
Tyler