1995 Buick Regal - Emsision Control Diagnostic System

The MIL lamp comes on when I first start the car (Service Engine Soon lamp.) I was told that the vehicle has the OBD-II diagnostic system, so I purchased the scan tool, but the tool connector does not fit the connector under the dash (near right knee when seated in drivers seat) on my 3.8L 1995 Regal. The connector under the dash has only 3 terminals and is completely different from the OBD-II scan tool connector. Am I missing something? Is there an adapter for the scan tool connector or does my vehicle have a different emission control diagnostic system? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Joe.

Reply to
Joe Guarino

Hi Bob:

Thanks for the reply. The scan tool states OBD-II.....is it possible that my 1995 Regal has the OBD-I diagnostic system? What are the characteristics of the OBD-I system? Thank, Joe.

Reply to
Joe Guarino

If it's got a 12-pin plug on it, it's an OBD I system.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

1995 was the obd changeover year. You may have obdi but need a serial reader. Or you may have obdi and not need a reader.
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=AAats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

Joe, You are in the same sad state I am. You have a 95 GM vehicle that has an OBD-II connector but is OBD-I. This makes it a hybrid, that is not either. Only mr goodwrench has the Tech II device that will check it.

KenG

Joe Guar> The MIL lamp comes on when I first start the car (Service Engine Soon lamp.)

Reply to
KenG