2003 monte carlo ss 3.8 stalling

Car stalls sometimes while idling at stop light and just today stalled while driving, but did not die. Ran rough for a couple of seconds then cleared up, then ran fine for rest of 20 mile trip. Have replaced fuel filter, fuel regulator, TPS, IAC Valve, cleaned carbon build up in throttle body, cleaned MAF sensor. Tested fuel presure with guage while running 47 -55psi stalled with gauge attached and never lost pressure so its not the fuel pump. When i connect the obd2 scan tool live test all looks good, no codes. Anybody got any ideas?? Been working on bow ties for 35 years this ones got me stumped.

Reply to
Chevelle68ss

Never had that problem with a 3.8. Here's a couple no-code problems I've seen. Might relate, might not. These are OBD1 or the '95 bastard transition to ODB2 My '88 Celebrity 2.8 would die occasionally. Total shutdown. ECU finally quit - no start - and a new one eliminated the problem. Son just fixed his wife's Caddy. 4.9. Rough idle. Don't know if it stalled out. Coolant temp sensor fixed it after he replaced some of what you replaced. He loves getting parts at boneyards. Cheap. When I got stumped like that, I replaced injectors - twice. 2.8 and

3.1. Expensive, but worked both times. But that was also noticeable during acceleration. Not saying that's your problem. Good luck.
Reply to
Vic Smith