3.5 shortstar clatter

I am looking at a 99 intrigue with 97,000km, it appears in reasonable shape but looks to have done a lot of sitting around engine runs stably but emits a faint diesel-like clatter as it idles. Is this normal 3.5l/DOHC noise? I am used to the unstoppable 3800 pushrod

Reply to
Steve

When in doubt, run away. The ones I've seen purr like a kitten. You have to be careful you don't hit the starter by mistakenly thinking the motor is not running.

Reply to
Al Bundy