8 days left

Well it is 8 days left. Obama is making more rant about rebuilding GM and shafting bond holders and share holders. Bond holders to get next to nothing and the share holders so diluted toilet paper is worth more than GM stock. And unload worthless paper to CAW/UAW in lieu of debt.

My guess is GM & Chrysler bond holders aught to get together for a class action lawsuit citing the US government is welching on debt and corporate law. Bond holders, not the government and unions own GM property in legal terms, trouble is will US justise honor it's own laws?

This week saw a rise in GM stock, either pump and dump or insider trading. The volumes are big time high, on Friday's close GM dropped some 25.5% on more than 6 times average volume. What a crap shoot.

But note, GM is moving in the opposite direction to the market for most of the week. If it looked like Debtor Obama was going to fork out tons of cash the market dropped and GM pumped up. When it didn't materialize, the market went up and GM tanked. Markets know if taxpayers have less money, there is less economy.

If Obama wants an Oba-mama-mobile he should wait until the GM firesale and get the plants and equipment cheap, and forumulate a much leaner Government Motors (if that is possible). Would save taxpayers a lot of money for the extravagances. Who knows, maybe the government is buying up GM common stock?

It is probably the least of GM's problems, but those plastic manifolds are costing consumbers a fortune. Know someone who kept their GM too long and it is going to cost them $1600. Needless to say their next vehicle isn't going to be a GM.

But a week from now, the courts are about to get very busy. Good time to be a corporate bankruptcy lawyer for sure.

The cost of auto bailouts?

I bet at $130B (and growing) GM is now a ward of the state. Lets see, maybe

100M people work in the USA. Maybe 80M pay more than pennies for taxes. So if you are a middle class worker, Detriot auto (excluding banks and other) are costing your families $1625 in taxes, GMAC, banks and interest extra. Just for two companies, Chrysler and GM....

Might want to ask who is bailing you out? _ /'_/) ,/_ / / / /'_'/' '/'__'7, /'/ / / /" /_\ ('( ' /' ') \ / '' _.7' \ ( \ \ GM, Carlyle, GMAC, Chrysler-Cerberus, CAW-UAW, get your selfish greedy hands out of our pockets! We don't steal from you! Why do you steal from us?

Reply to
Canuck57

labatyd

Yep, you loan money in the USA, they call you a vulture and don't pay you back.

And they wonder why their is a credit crisis. For all the good companies and people out there failing to get loans, take note of above. Until the US orgainizations government makes good on debt, your economy in peril of total collapse. Don't worry, Canada will be lock step right behind the US with the customary 6 to 12 month lag.

What amazes me is the public. How come there isn't protests over this corruption? People so stunned at the corruption they don't know what to do? Or corrupt themselves not seeing the level of immorality this is?

Government sure isn't listening to the people on either side of the border. Statism out of control.

When is the funeral for North America's loss of financial liberty?

That link you cited, very good read.

Canuck57