'83 C10 question

did an '83 C10 with a small block have a carb or fuel injection? Just went to look at one that had a Holley fitted to it; if it came stock with a carb it might still be in the running but if someone ditched a FI setup I don't want to deal with potential emissions issues.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Carb. 4bbl Rochester Quadrajet to be exact.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks, was that a "feedback" carb or just stand alone?

truck ran great but I'm ambivalent due to the Holley, some minor rust, and the fact that it had an OD trans that didn't seem to shift right (delayed 1-2 upshift) making me think that there might be issues down the road due to it having been run with a misadjusted throttle pressure linkage...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Wow, rust on a 24 year old truck? I wouldn't go near it either .Obviously it was not well cared for and pampered.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

LOL... I hear you, but my point was that I have found less rusted trucks for less money. Of course they were F*rds...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

No feedback carb. Some back then did have an electrically controlled dual volume accelerator pump where the electrical connection to the carb looked exactly like the mixture control solenoid connection found on the passenger cars w/ feedback carb of that era. Food for confusion, that.

If it's a 305, it will have ESC, (electronic spark control) which is a knock sensor and mini processor to retard the spark timing if knock is detected. Easy to by-pass and 100% legal to do so according to the numerous TSBs published.

350s were pretty straight forward, HEI with no gimmicks, a few vacuum switches.

Don't blame ya...

Could just be that the detent cable is one notch too tight.

Reply to
aarcuda69062