93 Park Ave Serpentine belt replacement

I was told I could get main belt off and on to replace it by pulling straight upon the tention wheel with a rachet without turning anything. When I try it, it doesn't move. Does any one have an idea of what I,m doing wrong? Thanks, Macy

Reply to
macy

the tensioner has either a squre drive or a bolthead ( 18mm ? ) you would hook onto. Some you lift up on or some you press downward to release the belt tension.

On a 93 you may have to remove the motor mount - as the belt runs around it on some year 3800's.

good luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~291,400 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Reply to
macy