99 Regal has ABS light & Check Light on together randomly.

My ABS and Check Engine and Traction control lights come on randomly but always together. I noticed that they come on at highway speeds above

70mph every time as well. I have seen posts regarding similar problems and was hoping someone would pass along their wisdom experience that led to a solution. If you had it diagnosed, what was the prognosis?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
George

It is all just a big fat guess until you have the computer read out and determine the codes. Then we can make an educated guess.....

Reply to
Woody

I have a 2000 Monte Carlo SS with 54,000 miles that is currently at the dealer with similar problems. They have had it for a total of 7 days over the last 2 months. It started with 3 warning lights coming on at different times, but progressively got to the point last week where 5 warning lights would come on for 5 seconds whenever the turn signal was used. Also, it started having unpredictable starting problems. Previously, the diagnostic test couldn't find a problem and the dealer said they couldn't do anything. This time the diagnostics showed over 20 error messages. The dealer says that their GM database says that replacing the ignition switch has solved the problem on some occasions. I hope so since I just authorized the repairs and am fed up with the problem and GM's crappy service and attitude.

Reply to
theturtle