99 sierra abs

When pressing the brake pedal on my 99 sierra 4x4, my anti-lock wants to kick in at 5mph. Dosn't matter what speed I'm traveling, when I decelerate to 5mph, the anti-lock kicks in. Even worse, if I happen to hit the brake at exactly 5mph the brake pedal really 'locks' up and I have to pump the brakes like a mad fool to stop. This is a real problem when turning into a parking spot at the mall!!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanx, Mhud

Reply to
Bill Silcox

It would be quick to check the brake fluid level in the reservoir. After that, the wheel sensors, connectors, and wiring.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross

May not apply to your truck, but my 94' Z34 did the same thing. It was the right rear wheel bearing going bad allowing the wheel oscillation to fool the sensor. I realize that you have rear drums but possibly the fronts could do the same.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Reply to
Shep

What Shep says. I just saw a notice come across the shop foremans desk this morning that says GM is planning a safety recall for this very issue. This notice I saw says that only the provinces of Ontario and east from there will be covered (probably because of the high amount of rust related problems down there).

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanx for all the great advice guys. I think I'll call the dealer and ask if a recall is in the works for my local area (MI). No use me gettin dirty for nothing.

Thanx again,

Mhud

Reply to
Bill Silcox

Don't be surprised if they know nothing about it, or claim to know nothing about it. I'm also not sure if it extends back to your year of vehicle. Sorry, just the standard disclaimers. When the recall is offcially released, I'll have more info.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai