attn Ian. 2001 Chevrolet Impala Park-Brake shift interlock

My mother has a 2001 Impala LS, bought used from Howard Chevrolet in West Roxbury, MA. Anyways. A month after she bought the car, she found that she was unable to remove her key. The dealer supposedly adjusted some shift cable, and sent her on her way. It didn't work, and she went back and they replaced the whole shifter assembly. Now, a year later, the problem is happening again. The dealer again adjusted the cable, and once again, the problem has not been cured. She is about to bring it in again. She has a warranty on the vehicle, so this isn't costing anything but hassle.

Her car also has a problem where the passenger doors will not unlock with the remote, the car won't respond to the second press until about 5 seconds after the first press. I remember someone saying there was a procedure to replace the speedometer head to fix it. The dealer didn't seem to know anything about it.

Anyways, I just wanted to get some more information on these issues, because the dealer certainly seems to have a hard time doing much anything for her.

-Sam

Reply to
samueltNODAMNSPAM