Attention: Ian -01 impala creaking front end

Hi Ian. My 01 impala continues to creak when accelerating from a stop and when I took it to the chev/olds dealer they performed the bulletin #02-08-61-001A. This involved applying welds with threadlocker to the subframe assembly. The sound is still there. I might have to live with these creaking sounds since I am not very confident the foreman at the dealership knows how to fix it. Have you heard of such a problem before? I would be very grateful if you could share some info that you might know about this problem. I can't be the only impala owner that has a creaky front end. By the way my vehicle was manufactured on 04/01 which could mean it has the revised welds that plagued 2000 models. Thanks in Advance.

Reply to
vince markarian

A Chevy dealer by me was ordering sub frames, sending them out to a welding shop to reinforce them even more than what GM did. As a car would come in they'ed swap it out.

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

"vince markarian" wrote

I talked to the front end guys and they haven't even seen/used that bulletin yet, that you are referring to. After reading the bulletin, it sounds like GM's usual "apply a patch" to the problem approach. I like what Harry said about that other dealer having new subframes re-enforced by a welding shop. If I were you, I would press them for a new subframe assembly. You shouldn't have to just "live" with it. The only reason they shouldn't want to put a subframe in is if their warranty costs are too high and they are trying to keep a cap on costs.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks again Ian and Harry. I will bring my car in for a second time.

Reply to
vince markarian