belt joints

Dear Sir,

How r u ???

Can you tell me why we make the joint of belt conveyors on angles ???. Why we do not make belt joints Straight ????.

I will be very thankfull to yoyu if you rweply me soon.

Best regards,

SHAFI

Reply to
shafi

Not that this has anything to do with GM (or any other) autos, the bologna cut/staple on a conveyor drive belt increases the connection size, allowing say, 30 staples instead of 20, making for a stronger connection. At least that's the theory; I've seen many conveyor belts where the joint was straight across.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke