Favorite Movie Cars?

I believe if it since its comming from those who drove them.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

It was a 58 Plymouth Fury.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

How could I have forgotten these??

The Monkeymobile ( GTO ). The Batmobile ( TV Series version ). Stallone's 50 Merc in the Movie Cobra. Boss Hoggs 70 DeVille Convertible. Green Hornet's Black Beauty.

58 Impala ( in American Graffitti ). Speed Racer's Mach 5. 74? Torino - Starsky & Hutch,

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,643 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

1957 or 1958 nor 1967. A friend had one, white with a gold mesh looking "spear." 1957 J2 Oldsmobile ... in a Burt Reynolds movie made in Nashville. >
Reply to
Kent Finnell

The Vette from "Corvette Summer"

The Supervan (never saw the Chop cut Rebuild finish, Did they get it back together?)

The Mad Max Interceptor

The Car. ( modded Lincoln I think)

The LandMaster from Damnation alley. ( link for you if you don't remember it

)

Reply to
Steve W.

A few more

My Favorite The Blues Mobile

Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger 1964

Back to the future DeLorean

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986 Car: Ferrari (Think it was a kit car)

Ghostbusters

Wayne's World 1975-77 AMC Pacers

Herbie the love bug

The Mystery Machine

NON Movie the Popemobile

Reply to
Tim

Hey Tim, you got that right!

I have seen that movie at least twice, and the cars speeding up and down San Francisco hilly streets was fabulous IMHO.

Reply to
Panos Popadopalous

Thats a cool car And the 1969 Charger with that mighty blower in Fast 'N' The Furious is a great piece of machinery too "Paradox" skrev i meddelandet news:CHkbe.3699$Zi.1083@fed1read04...

Reply to
Nightmare

I mentioned the 1969 Dodge Charger in Fast 'N' The Furious in another group and in a reply somewhere in this one too:-) BUT got another car,Volvo 544 in a film about a ghosthunter driving this beaten thing the actor in this movie is Michael J Fox hmm can't recall the name of that movie... Regards Nightmare "Collector Car Central" skrev i meddelandet news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Nightmare

Recall another car an Oldsmobile early 60's in the TV series with the Olsen twins as babies hmm names names and my bad memory for those:-) Anyone out there might have a clue what I'm talking about:-) Regards Nightmare "Collector Car Central" skrev i meddelandet news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Nightmare

Nightmare, because of his bad memory could remember the TV show called Full House ( shown on TV LAND channel ) and the red 1961 or 1962 Olds Starfire convertible.

" Don't touch the hair man ! ~ Jesse ~

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,643 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

The Batmobile was a 56 Lincoln built by George Barris.

The Monkeymobile ( GTO ). The Batmobile ( TV Series version ). Stallone's 50 Merc in the Movie Cobra. Boss Hoggs 70 DeVille Convertible. Green Hornet's Black Beauty.

58 Impala ( in American Graffitti ). Speed Racer's Mach 5. 74? Torino - Starsky & Hutch,

Harryface ?Ø

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,643 miles
Reply to
Lil Rascal

Rascal,

Actually our 1962 World Book Encyclopedia has a picture of a 1957 Lincoln Futura that looks like the Batmobile.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,676 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

" Don't touch the hair man ! ~ Jesse ~

Another one ... from the Southern Cult Classic, "Thunder Road" (I can tell the story, I can tell it all. About the whip-poor-will who ran illegal alcohol) ... the 1949-51 (?) Ford transport coupe of Robert Mitchum.

Reply to
Kent Finnell

The Batmobile was based on the Futura Show car. The F-Glass bodies were laid up in molds pulled from the show car. There were a total of 5 built with a couple of "parts" cars being built after the show went OTA. There is a website out there someplace that gives the entire story. George did a LOT of TV/Movie cars. Batmobile, Green Hornet, Munsters Koach, Munsters Dragula (aka Coffin Banger), The Car, SuperVan are just a few.

Steve Williams

Actually our 1962 World Book Encyclopedia has a picture of a 1957 Lincoln Futura that looks like the Batmobile.

Harryface X?X

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,676 miles
Reply to
Steve W.

Actually our 1962 World Book Encyclopedia has a picture of a 1957 Lincoln Futura that looks like the Batmobile.

Harryface ?Ø

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,676 miles

True, but that same design actually goes back to 1955, Barris I am pretty sure used the 1956 as the base.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

I like the '55 Pontiac Star Chief convertible the Recardo's and Mertz's to to California on I love Lucy!!

Reply to
Thomas

Good call. My favorite movie for many years until the likes of 'Bullitt', 'Vanishing Point', Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', and the other cool car flicks.

Reply to
Hoodoo

Films and TV.

build the page right.

Norm Grabowski's T-Bucket, Kookie's car in '77 Sunset Strip', that pretty much started the popularity of them:

Hoodoo

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

I like Columbo's 1959 or perhaps 1960 Peugeot 405 Cabriolet. :) Being a fan of that show, the car was the scene of some humorous comment in some episodes, and the car was in dilapidated rumpled condition, much like Columbo himself.

Mike

Reply to
MiChAeL