fuel

Hello I have a 1997 Chev Venture Van with the 3.4 V6 , I am having some trouble with the fuel system. A while ago I purchased some Gas cleaner from the GM dealer and added it to the fuel system. A little while after, it started getting sluggish and hesitating when i accelerate and there seems to be a ticking noise when I accelerate. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it runs real sluggish, overall the van is running lousy. I went to my local Garage (mechanic on Vacation) and they said without looking at it , it could be anything from a fouled Plug to an Oxygen sensor to a bad plug wire. He also said that puttting that cleaner in the fuel would not do that.

any help would be appreciated in determining what the problem is .

Thanks

Reply to
Chucky D

Forget the magic elixir. You have some mechanical problem/s with the engine. No one here can say what the problem is. Get it somewhere. You could have lifter problems, injector problems, or a host of others. You don't even know what you are hearing so how can you expect help from a newsgroup?

Reply to
Al Bundy