GM To Drop Suburban??

My neighbor across the street has 2003 GMC Yukon XL. Friday night he told me GM plans to drop the Chevy Suburban but keep the GMC Yukon.

I haven't heard of any such plans. Anybody else hear it ?

========= Harryface =========

4}. 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE _~_~_~_300,079 miles_~_~_

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 A Quarter Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005

_~_~ GM BABY ! _~_~_

============================ ~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

5}. 89 Cavalier Z 24 convertible 3}. 78 Holiday 88 coupe 2}. 68 LeSabre convertible 1}. 73 Impala sedan ===========================
Reply to
Harry Face

It wouldn't surprise me a bit after seeing what happened to full size Chevy and Buick cars (plus Camaros and Firebirds) and the Olds division lately. Way to go GM!

ahmet

Reply to
dragon

Not here, I can assure you that they're going to keep chugging out the Suburban though.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

I very much doubt it. The Suburban is a very good selling vehicle with a large profit margin, and with the demise of the Excursion and nothing to match it in the Dodge line-up, I think we'll all be seeing Suburbans for some time to come.

What I would like to see is a Duramax diesel option on the Suburban and in the H2, as well as smaller diesels for the mid-sized and half-ton pick-ups. I think GM is misjudging the popularity of diesels in smaller trucks.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

That makes no sense at all. The Suburban outsells the Yukon XL and is a big money maker for GM's Chevrolet brand.

If anything, the existence of the entire GMC line alongside the Chevies is what makes little sense.

John

Reply to
John Horner