GM Trivia

  1. M________ (lasted only one year! what a loser!)

  1. V_____ (also lasted only one year!)

  2. L_ S____ ("..gee our old __ _____ ran great..those were the days..")

  1. G__ (you can no longer "get to know" this brand)

  2. O_________ (the oldest domestic make and the most recent to bite the dust)

  1. O______ (if it wasn't for Pontiac, this make might still be around)

  2. Y_____ T____ & C____ (Not even a year, GM bought this Manufacturer and immediately merged it with one of their current lines.)

(Not all questions/answers are GM related for the following)

  1. How many mounted spare tires did the 1916 Hudson have?
  2. What year was the first woman driver in the US?
  3. What year was the first automobile finance company formed?
  4. What auto company introduced the first hand brake, located on the driver's left in 1914?
  5. Whatyear was coast-tocoast bus service first offered in the US?
  6. Were there more taxi cabs in New York City in 1929 or 1983?
  7. What state required automobile license plates in 1901?
  8. What company ibtroduced the first balloon tire in 1923?
  9. What city had the first automobile Police Patrol Wagon in 1899?
  10. What year was the first three-colored traffic light installed in Detroit, Michigan?
  11. What car company did GM fail to buy when banks refused to loan them the "mere" 9 million it needed to complete the sale?
Reply to
Phillip Schmid

So What you know how to ask idiotic trivia questions!

Reply to
Ken Heslin

I challenge you, if they're so idiotic, to answer them all.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

BTW, if anyone wants the answers send me an email but put "trivia answers" or something similar to that in the Subject line. And at my discretion I'll email them out (which basically means if I've seen the name on here I'll email them...except for Ken, whom I've challenged).

Reply to
Phillip Schmid