GM what would have happened

On 07/05/2010 7:29 AM, Bjrn Helgason wrote:

Greece, GM, not much difference. Debt worshipers want to welch and get a clean credit card.
As far as I am concerned the answer is the same. Close their doors and don't loan them more. Toss some in jail as criminals and call it a day. Then the next country down the list will start to think twice.
And start with government pensions, especially the leaders. Just cancel their plans. No rewards for gross negligence.

Yep, this one is bigger. It is now the governments. Think the NYSE did bad this week, look at the Japanese markets...
And USA is on the list. With Obama/democrats spending so far past reality, it is only a mater of time before the USD collapses to worthless. In fact, if I dodn't know better Obama is trying to destroy the western currency system. If I was Osama, I would tell my people to leave Obama alone.

Yep. But that is because it isn't anyones money, it is government created ponzi money.
Which is why this shole depression is happening, zero accountability by millions.
The real solution is to make them accountable, but it will not happen. Or not until the bottom has reached, which is kaos.

I expect interest on loans to hit 25% in the next 10 years. If you are smart, you want to reduce debt to zero ASAP. At some point you want the "new" money, you are going to have to pay for it. It will not be like old money.

Agreed. I expect real unadjust no BS number of unemployed to hit 30%. Like Greece, Iceland and any other country that has tried to spend their way out of debt.

Yep.
Yep.
Yep, but Japan and Germany too. Did you see the Japanese markets this week? They took a bigger hit.

I figure the US is past the point of no return unless you get a president and congress that does 180% turn, slash governet to 1/3rd and a 1/8th tax decrease targeted at the middle class.
But even then, I doubt it will work.
To protect yourself you want hard assets like gold, real-estate, oil, and stuff that will have value when the dust settles. And do it without debt, as the banks will own your ass. Real-slavery is coming back in this NWO and to avoid being one, no debt is key. As even if you are government, your job and pay is about to get whacked.
--
Are we being heard or are we a herd?

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

It is for GM, as round 2 of this depression kicks in, GM is going to face it's second bankruptcy. And it will not be a bailout this time. Who is bailing out the taxpayer and the US/Canadian governments?
Hint, government will trump GM/UAW any day.
On 08/05/2010 9:21 AM, Mike Hunter wrote:

--
Are we being heard or are we a herd?

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

I thought this was a "done deal". GM got their stimulus, so there is no more to say.
On 07/05/2010 10:02 AM, hls wrote:

Not really, they still get new stimulus all the time. Look at GMs "new" preferred shares, a back door way to give GM money to pay front door debts while losing $4.3 billion.
GM, keeps on sucking.
--
Are we being heard or are we a herd?

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

You are a fluke of the universe; you have no right to be here.
On 08/05/2010 10:18 AM, Bjrn Helgason wrote:

Actually, you replied to mike with my comment.
Typical GMer, all screwed up.