GMC Safari Cargo sliding door & Brake squeals

Good day all, I bought a used 2000 GMC Safari Cargo (no plastic interior, no rear pass. seats) and noticed after driving it home (after 200km) that the sliding door is rattling pretty hard when going on hard bumps. (Bridges, train track etc..)

Is there any adjustment that can be made to those doors or can you replace the small wheels at the bottom to make it less noisy ?

The brakes that were apparently used @ 50% MAX according to GM Optimum dealer, squeal (high pitch noise) after warm. Seams to come from the back but hard to tell. Once park for 30 minutes the car won't do it until brakes are warm again.

Any advice ? Thanks in advance! Ben

Reply to
Bencrx91

I have a 2000 Safari that I bought in 2001. I noticed the same thing you did and took it back to the dealer 3 times for adjustment. It still does it. My brakes did the same thing until I had a brake job last fall. It was the front pads; the aftermarket pads do not squeal. My mechanic said it was the amount of sintered metal that caused them to squeal.

The good news is that at 75 Kmiles I have only had to replace the tires, brakes, shocks, flush the transmission/replaced the transmission fluid and totally flush out the cooling system to get rid of the Dextron antifreeze. Oil and filter changes have been done every 3500 miles using Castrol 5W30.

Reply to
Jarhead