High REVS in Port-Fuel-Injection

Hello, I have a 1986 Oldsmobile Delta88, 3.8L, V6, port fuel injection.

I posted earlier that my fuel economy has gone down very noticeably.

One thing is that i notice that the revs are really high. Sometimes specially when it was just started it will run at

30-mph, even with my foot off the gas.

What would cause a Port Fuel Injected engine to run too high rev, specially at start up?

This things can not be adjusted in this cars. So what could cause it?

Thanks!

Myc1972

Reply to
myc1972

Here is some more info. When i accelarate i hear a kind of whistle and it goes away when i let off the pedal. Might be related?

Reply to
myc1972